Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting Back to Normal

Hi All!

Hope you all enjoyed your Holidays and that they were full of fun, family, friends and lots of food. BUT now it is back to the norm and taking off all of those extra pounds etc...yuk! Oh come on it isn't all THAT bad really. I got my butt in gear today and started my physical health kick. I do not diet, never have...it is the ultimate four letter word to me. If I deprive myself then I just want more, so I exercise regularly, try to eat healthy and have dessert if I want to. Nothing crazy, just 1/2 hour on the treadmill every other day to start then I change it up when that gets too easy. I then move to low impact Step Aerobics. I use an old tape by Denise Austin that I have had for about 20 years and it works wonders. I got pretty lazy over the last 3 months having my sister living with me and then the Holiday stress. I definitely noticed a difference in my health with the lack of exercise. Unfortunately my treadmill does not work in this new house. The darn thing shuts off because there is not enough watts of electric to support it. SO I jumped right into the Step Aerobics and Man I FEEL GREAT!!
I have really missed crafting these last few weeks. I sat down yesterday and made this cute little Snowman Ornie while watching Cinderella with the Princess. I have a few others on the way also so check back later to see those.
Did you take your Holiday decor down yet? I tossed the tree the day after Christmas and pulled down all the decorations...WHY? I don't know, I just felt like it. The house sure looks bare now...he he  I am so looking forward to 2011. I have so many good things happening this year. My son Sean is coming home in a few weeks for a visit, my Birthday..ugh, and Braeden's 20th Birthday, Our 7 year Anniversary, my DIL's turning 21 while they are home visiting so we will be out dancing for that...That should be tons of fun. I never thought I would see the day that I go out to a club dancing with my son but it is going to be a blast!
Life is good!
Thanks for reading...until next time
Hugs, Jen

No comments: